People are getting an alarming message when they print from their Mac to their Hewlett Packard printer. Will HP Printing Damage Your Mac?
The short answer is no. The issue is that HP has not updated the security certificates for these printers, and the Macintosh operating system is more secure than in the past and is tagging these programs. Since the Macintosh doesn’t recognize the printer software as being legitimate, it is not certain if it might be malicious.
What to Do
The real question is what to do if this happens to you.
The easiest and most often successful answer is to fully uninstall the printer driver, and then to reinstall it. If this doesn’t work, please give us a call or make an appointment and we will help you try to troubleshoot further.
Download the HP Utility
- Go to 123.ht.com
- Click on “My Device is Not Listed”
- Click Download to download
- Then open and install HP_Easy_Start
Uninstall Your Printer Software
- Open HP Easy Start
- Immediately go into the HP Easy Start menu and select Uninstall
- Complete the uninstall steps
- Return to the opening page of HP Easy Start
- Agree and Continue
- Click Continue and follow the steps to installing the printer software again
We hope these steps work! Good luck. Other people have had success with different steps, so if this doesn’t work for you, we have other ideas. Give us a call. But mostly, if you wonder will HP Printing Damage Your Mac – the answer is no.